- 2 cups flour, 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1 oz margarine.
- 3/4 cup grated coconut.
- 2 tablespoons sugar, 2/3 cup water.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter/margarine, then stir in sugar and grated coconut.
- Add water, and mix into a firm dough.
- Turn out onto floured board, knead lightly, shape into a ball.
- Leave covered for 20-30 minutes.
- Press into the center and using a rolling pin, roll into a circular shape about 3/4″ thick. Decorate the dough using a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Put onto a flat, greased baking sheet and bake till brown for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Cut into desired shape 2-3 inches wide.
- Serve hot, attractively arranged on a flat dish.
Note: Baking can be done on a baking iron surface over a burner of the stove. The bake must be occasionally turned over , in order to get an even brown colour on both sides.